The Out Basket

11.15.2006

In which we have a quickie

It's 8:30 on Wednesday in Albuquerque. I'm tired - this installation is rapidly becoming particularly stressful. The trip down on Sunday was uneventful, if later than intended. I really wanted to get an earlier start to allow some time for hot water on the way, but alas, it was 12:30 before I left, and just after 8 when I pulled into the Uptown Sheraton at Menaul and Louisiana. Apparently, I passed Team Camel somewhere on the highway - Camel heading northward, and Raven forging south toward work.

The hotel is good - continental breakfast and evening hors d'oeuvres (and wine!!) complimentary - and the bed is especially nice. I had supper last night at Pei Wei, and this morning's breakfast was an enormous burrito from Dos Hermanos (highly recommended, even for Keith!) Lunch earlier this week was at Little Anita's, followed by Season's in Old Town, also highly recommended. I'm eating slightly too well.

Since the days are spent totally occupied (if you sent e-mail to the Comcast accounts, I haven't had any time to check it) I decided I might take a minute to type a little bit. Besides, I spent the ten bucks to get the internet connection to check to see if I wanted to go out for an al-Barran activity tonight. It'd be a shame to waste that ten-spot on a thirty-second Google, and so a quick update..........




Wait!! What'd you think I meant by that????????

1 Comments:

  • Wish I'd known we were ships passing in the night -- or the day -- or whatever. We probably passed somewhere around Las Vegas. You, too, could have experienced the rare delight of the Inn at Las Vegas (a place that would fit right in in an episode of Supernatural...)

    By Blogger Sheila, at 9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home